Welcome statement



Welcome to my blog on the building and sailing of a Goat Island Skiff (GIS). Join us on the Michael Storer Wooden Boat Plans forum or on Facebook, where the community of Storer Boat builders, owners, and admirers share their ideas, experiences, and watery hi-jinx.

If you are new to this blog, start at the beginning by selecting the oldest date in the blog archive located in the left-hand column. Enjoy!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Leaps of Faith

I had to force myself to do it, but today I took a jigsaw to two of my precious bulkheads and cut big fat holes in them to install deck plates.  I'm doing that now while the bulkheads are easy to handle.  Plus it was something I could accomplish quickly and show a bit of progress.

The #1 bulkhead gets a large, 8" diameter hatch.  Because access to this hatch will be tricky (one has to reach through bulkhead #2, between the mast and the hull side) I went with Seadog's lever latch model rather than a screw-in style.  The good folks at Duckworks Boat Builders Supply like it, so I'm giving it a try.


Then I attacked Bulkhead #4.  I punched two 5" holes in it.






It took a significant leap of faith to hack away at these parts, but that's all behind me now.   I think... I might... be possibly... ready to go 3D.  Maybe.  More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment