Welcome statement



Welcome to my blog on the building and sailing of a Goat Island Skiff (GIS). Join us on the Michael Storer Wooden Boat Plans forum or on Facebook, where the community of Storer Boat builders, owners, and admirers share their ideas, experiences, and watery hi-jinx.

If you are new to this blog, start at the beginning by selecting the oldest date in the blog archive located in the left-hand column. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Said it before...

I've said it before, I'll (have to) say it again, I'm the worst Goater ever...

I made the same statement almost one year ago bemoaning my lack of Goating activity.  Now here I am in mid-July of 2015 and once again I haven't sailed my boat once yet.  Once again, I can report being active in the GIS community.  Lots of new Goats are in the works including a few quite nearby and I'm lending my support and encouragement when I can.  I took a fun ride on the storied and fabled I Am Zinea, Pterodactylus.  I'm looking forward to the next iteration of The Great Goat Gathering, this year to take place in the metro NYC area.  Finally, I am on the roster of the sloop Flor D'Luna for her second bid at glory in the Around Long Island Regatta.

So, Chivita relaxes in the summer sun (under a cover), waiting patiently for her next watery adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment