Welcome statement



Welcome to my blog on the building and sailing of a Goat Island Skiff (GIS). Join us on the Michael Storer Wooden Boat Plans forum or on Facebook, where the community of Storer Boat builders, owners, and admirers share their ideas, experiences, and watery hi-jinx.

If you are new to this blog, start at the beginning by selecting the oldest date in the blog archive located in the left-hand column. Enjoy!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Boom, pt. 2

I cut the scarfs, lofted the tapers, and did the first round of gluing:


(Disregard what looks like an overlap of two parts; that is a shadow due to one part being off the ground a bit.)


Fore taper; this is all I could get in such a short distance

Aft taper; when complete the end should be a 50mm x 50mm square


The front and rear spacer blocks are light weight white wood.  The rear is long to accommodate different clew set ups.

Next I will position and glue the two staves.  I have some finishing nails set on the curve line that the bottom stave will clamp to.  Once those are cured, I'll add the remaining side panel, shape and dress, finish, hardware, collect measurement data, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment