Welcome statement



Welcome to my blog on the building and sailing of a Goat Island Skiff (GIS). Join us on the Michael Storer Wooden Boat Plans forum or on Facebook, where the community of Storer Boat builders, owners, and admirers share their ideas, experiences, and watery hi-jinx.

If you are new to this blog, start at the beginning by selecting the oldest date in the blog archive located in the left-hand column. Enjoy!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Back to blogging

I thought I'd go through my photo collection and throw some fun stuff up.

It was a long and lonely winter for wooden sail boats and sporty hatchbacks in my family...


In February, I was in an office break room waiting for someone to arrive and I noticed a dictionary on display.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what page was open!




This is a vintage 1971 advertisement for the very first boat I ever sailed (in 1973).  The Snark was a styrofoam hull and the one my brother my cousin and I crowded into was actually cracked through!  We explored the the sheltered bay waters off Cotiut, Cape Cod, without dying.  Or knowing how to sail.


Lake St. Catherine, Vermont, is the spiritual home port for my boat and the reason I built her in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment