Welcome statement



Welcome to my blog on the building and sailing of a Goat Island Skiff (GIS). Join us on the Michael Storer Wooden Boat Plans forum or on Facebook, where the community of Storer Boat builders, owners, and admirers share their ideas, experiences, and watery hi-jinx.

If you are new to this blog, start at the beginning by selecting the oldest date in the blog archive located in the left-hand column. Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Embargo lifted

Dear Reader,

I have been intentionally NOT keeping up with this blog the second half of this year because I really felt like it was distracting me from actually building a boat.  With the build mostly done, and the first float accomplished, I will get back to the task of sharing my experience and offering tips on building the Goat Island Skiff.

Another obstacle was the loss of my image hosting service.  No pictures were "lost" because they all reside on my home computer, but the thought of going back to each and every blog page and uploading several pics per page was daunting.  I've done it.  Now I can add new pics without the nagging voice in my head reminding me of all the missing images.

That said, there are a bunch of steps I skipped over that I'll be adding in the comings days/weeks/months; I really want the full chronicle captured.  With any luck, I'll have that all done before I start creating new tales to tell about mizzen masts, super booms, or Goat Gatherings.  While I'm at it, I may also add epilogue comments to older posts just to clarify or correct or confirm what I might have said back then.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment