Welcome statement



Welcome to my blog on the building and sailing of a Goat Island Skiff (GIS). Join us on the Michael Storer Wooden Boat Plans forum or on Facebook, where the community of Storer Boat builders, owners, and admirers share their ideas, experiences, and watery hi-jinx.

If you are new to this blog, start at the beginning by selecting the oldest date in the blog archive located in the left-hand column. Enjoy!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Breaking Radio Silence

I have been under a self-imposed a moratorium on blogging because I felt like my build-to-blog time ratio was out of whack.  But if I don't put some new pics up, I'm gonna get yelled at.  Again.  By Callsign222.  Like a boss.

So here I am, this --->||<--- close to completion.  The hull exterior and the foils are painted with two coats of Interlux Brightsides White.  Final sanding of the rails is complete.





I'm now going over the interior for final touch up sanding and epoxy coating, including the rails which are still raw wood.  I'm taking it one section at at time to be methodical.  There's a good chance I won't get to varnishing this season...

2 comments:

  1. OMFG This is PHENOMENAL stuff. I love Interlux Brightsides, so this boat already gets a +1 in my book! She looks aaaweesoooome!

    Where the spars? I feel like we time warped. Keep rolling, keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking really good for a Columbus Day launch. Everything that needs epoxy has epoxy. I might even be able to lay down some varnish, but now the weather is turning on me. Cool damp temps are probably not the best for varnish.
    I have some trailer details to work out, but I did make and install some custom bunks.
    Soooon....

    ReplyDelete