Welcome statement



Welcome to my blog on the building and sailing of a Goat Island Skiff (GIS). Join us on the Michael Storer Wooden Boat Plans forum or on Facebook, where the community of Storer Boat builders, owners, and admirers share their ideas, experiences, and watery hi-jinx.

If you are new to this blog, start at the beginning by selecting the oldest date in the blog archive located in the left-hand column. Enjoy!

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The ol' Spars and Stripes



Not that they're finished, but I can honestly say I have three spars.  As most of you know, there is nothing quite like holding a smooth solid piece of wood that you've shaped your self.  Very rewarding.  I have high hopes for these sticks and I'm very happy with how they're coming along.


^^The intersection of multiple hunks of wood



I have fiberglass cloth to wrap the bottom end of the mast but my order of tape is on hold for now (TX200 takes priority for the Duckworks folks).  I'll spend a few nights hand sanding just to knock down little bumps and such.  Then 'glass and coats of 'pox.  I think I'm going to look for some brass tubing to line the lashing holes a la Alzuger of Brooklyn.

My next phase will be foils.

No comments:

Post a Comment